One of the best and outstanding online platforms people use in sending and receiving money is cash app, and you will agree that the platform is super convenient if you have used it to send money to someone before, pay for an item at a physical or online store. What happens if you send money to someone mistakenly, or maybe you want a refund on an item you bough. How do i get a refund on cash app is what this post is here to show you.
It is okay to feel worried about the possibility of getting your money back if you find yourself in any of these positions, and it will please you to know that it is possible for you to get a refund on cash app. However, the process involved in getting a refund on cash app is very easy contrary to what so many people think, and we will show you how to get it done.
On thing you should know is that sending money to a wrong person and wanting to get a refund for that might not be as easy as you think. It will become very difficult if the person you accidentally sent the money to refuses to cooperate on sending back the money, and customers should be aware that cash app refund policies doesn’t cover for money sent out mistakenly to a wrong recipient.
Furthermore, cash app has no buyer’s policy. This means that you should not consider buying an item or product from anyone you do not know directly using the cash app platform. Bearing all of these in mind, there are simple ways you can get a refund when using cash app. These are what we will be showing you in our next lines.
How Do I Get a Refund on Cash App
Cancel The Payment
You will not be able to cancel a payment if you have sent the money from your cash app balance, and you can only cancel the payment if the recipient is yet to accept the transaction. Here is how you can check if the transaction has been accepted by the recipient;
- Locate the activity tab
- Click on payment
- If there is a cancel option then it means the receiver is yet to receive the payment
On the other hand, there is another option to get a refund if the receiver has accepted the payment, and that is what we want to show you in the next step.
Ask For A Refund
- Open your cash app and locate the activity bar
- Click on the payment you want to get a refund for
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner which will show you to request for a refund option
- Select a reason why you want a refund
- Wait for you to get your money back
Your new balance will appear on your dashboard immediately you get the refund, but there is a third option you can use if this option doesn’t work. That is the next option we want to talk about.
Send Regular Request With A Note
The final attempt you can make is sending a regular request to the person you mistakenly sent the money to, and below are some of the steps you might follow.
- Open your cash app and click on the amount you want to get a refund for
- Click on the request button at the bottom of the screen
- Write and send a note to the recipient explaining that you will love to get a refund for the money mistakenly sent to them
- Wait patiently for the recipient to send the money back to you
Everyone doesn’t have the same moral standards and there is a huge possibility that you might be dealing with a difficult person. If the recipient of the money isn’t willing to send the money back then there is absolutely nothing left you can do.