According to recent survey, over one million hip injury cases arise all over the world in a year and European countries have more rates. As high as these cases are, it still cannot take into consideration cases where people have failed to get medical assistance especially in cases involving older people. If you have suffered a hip injury and if the cause wasn’t your fault then it is okay for you to seek compensation. How much compensation will i get for a hip replacement is one question that is constantly being asked today and you can trust this review to give you the answer that you seek.
how much compensation will i get for a hip replacement
You would need to seek medical attention immediately if you have just suffered a hip injury. This is very important to ensure that the case doesn’t get worse and if you suffer already from a disorder like osteoporosis then you should take the condition very serious or risk having some serious consequences. After recovering from the hip injury, you can finally sit and decide if you want to make a hip injury claim so you can get compensation for what you have suffered. You are entitled to getting compensation if the cause of the accident wasn’t your fault.
If you have decided to make a hip injury claim in order to get compensation then you need to make sure that;
- You have evidence to prove that the cause of accident wasn’t your fault but as a result of the carelessness or negligence of another person. This evidence could be gotten from an eye witness from the scene of the accident or maybe from a CCTV footage and any evidence that supports your claim would be welcomed.
- You also need to provide evidence that the negligence of the other party is the reason behind your hip injury. If the hip injury you suffered was as a result of falling off an uneven pavement then the local council can be held responsible for the cause of your accident. It is the fault of the local council because it is their duty to make sure the pavement meets standards and ensure human health
- Evidence would also be needed to back up how severe your injuries are. Medical reports like scans or X-rays would be welcomed at this point as they would be help in proving the extent of the damage that your hips have suffered. This evidence is very important when it comes to seeking compensation for an injury case because the amount of compensation that you are going to receive for an injury case depends on how severe your injury is.
How Much Compensation Can You Receive?
It is very unclear how much an injured person can receive as compensation after filing a claim with the insurance company of the at fault person. In the case of a hip injury, the amount of compensation an injured person would receive depends great on how severe the case is and also on the type of hip injury. However, in cases requiring a hip replacement then it can be classified on individual basis.
- Moderate Hip Injury – There is significant damage which could result in hip surgery or replacement but without permanent disability. The average compensation could be around 9,575 to 29,800 Euros.
- Severe Hip Injury – There is significant damage to the pelvis and hip which would require extensive surgery. The average compensation could be around 29,800 to 99,500 Euros.
Judging from the two groups that we have shown you above, you ca now understand why we said that the amount of compensation an injured person can get for a hip replacement injury depends on the severity and type of hip injury suffered.
Furthermore, a hip replacement surgery is meant to improve you health condition and not leave it in a worsen state. There are cases where a hip replacement surgery might end up being unsuccessful and this could be as a result of the negligence of the medical doctor. In some cases, the negligence of this doctor could lead to disability on the part of the injured person. This could end up leading to the injured person undergoing another surgery. However, you can get a hip replacement compensation payout around 34,500 to 46,000 Euros after filing a claim.
This compensation that is being paid to you as a result of a doctors negligence during surgery is going to reflect upon nerve damage, tissue injury and also pain and suffering. The compensation is going to cover up for loss of earning, care and support. It is also important that you speak with an experienced hip injury attorney if you ever find yourself in a situation like this.