Do you know the steps involved in how to transfer money from Venmo to the cash app? If the answer is NO, you should continue reading this guide to find answers to your question. This question is often being asked on the internet by Venmo users, and Venmo is one of the popular peer-to-peer payment apps.
Using this app, users can easily send family and friends money, so this is the right place if you are looking for how to send money using the Venmo app. However, there are two ways you can achieve this;
- Using a direct bank account that is linked to the Cash app and Venmo app
- Setting up a direct deposit on your Cash app account
The Venmo is available on both IOS and Android systems, but it is for United States Of America customers alone. As we mentioned earlier in this guide, the Venmo app is a peer-to-peer payment app, but only users in the United States will be allowed to send and receive money using this app.
You will need to associate the app to a US-based account if you want to send money using the Venmo app or link it to a US credit card, debit card, or prepaid card.
You can withdraw money to a debit card or bank account using the Venmo app. You must associate with checking and not a saving account to avoid exceeding the six online transfers and withdrawals you have every month.
How To Transfer Money From Venmo To Cash App
You can use two methods when transferring money from Venmo to Cash app, so let’s discuss their step-by-step method.
Setup A Direct Deposit On Your Cash App
The Cash app is treated like every other bank account, and you will find routing and account numbers if you have already linked a cash card to your Cash app account. This is how you get to find your cash card routing and account number;
- Open up the Cash app on your ios or Android phone
- Click on the dollar sign, which sends you straight to the ‘my cash’ tab
- Click on the ‘cash’ button, which has a dollar sign on it
- Find the ‘direct deposit’ option and click on get account number
- Tap the ‘enable account’ option on the pop-up screen
- Click on the ‘copy account details’ and select the ‘copy account number’ and ‘copy routing number’ options
- This will show you the numbers you have been searching for
The next thing for you to do is go to the Venmo app and add the account and routing numbers you have copied out, and you can do this with the following steps;
- Click on the three horizontal lines you will find on the Venmo app
- It will take you to the ‘settings’ option, where you will find ‘payment methods’
- Click ‘add card or bank.’
- It would help if you chose the ‘bank’ option
- You will be asked to provide a verification method of your choice
After following all of these steps in adding your routing and account numbers to a Venmo account or Cash app card, You can send money to your Cash app using the balance you have in your Venmo account.
Make Use Of A Bank Account That Is Linked To The Venmo And Cash App
You will visit the Venmo app and search for its icon, and you can follow these processes;
- You will be asked to add a bank account
- The next step is verification of the account
- Transfer the money to your bank account
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top of the app
- You can choose the ‘transfer money or ‘transfer bank’ option
- Put the amount you want to transfer
- Select the instant payment option, or you choose one to three business days
- You can select your debit card or bank account
- Go through the information provided and confirm the transaction
- Click on the ‘transfer’ button
Once the money arrives in your account, use the following steps to send it to your Cash app;
- Click on balance on your Cash app home screen
- Select add cash
- Put in your desired amount
- Click on add
- Use your pin or touch ID to confirm the transaction
This is all you should know about sending money from your Venmo app to your Cash app, and this transaction is always a speedy one.