The goal of almost every individual is to buy a home, but unfortunately, saving up to meet up with a down payment can be very challenging. The good news is that you do not need a down payment quickly before you can get home, and even though people think you need about twenty percent of a down payment before getting a home loan, it is also not true. There are types of home loans with no down payment that almost every individual can settle for.
Home loans do not really need down payments and mortgages, which you can get with a small down payment. However, before you make up your mind to buy a house, you need to first have a proper understanding of the pros and cons in terms of low down payments.
- They make purchasing houses easy – It is effortless to buy a home if you are not coming up with a huge payment, and this helps you enjoy ownership of a house sooner than you imagine. This is also beneficial when you want to buy a house in an area where the price of house spikes.
- Having More Money At Hand – Even if you have extra funds to tender a more sizeable payment, you might also want to keep back some cash in your pocket either for remodeling purposes or for meeting some other goals. So it is always good to have extra cash available in the pocket.
- Quick Purchase – Little or no down payment at all enables you to buy a house quickly. This also allows you to move fast and also taking advantage of any available deals.
- High-Interest Rates – In some cases, paying high mortgage rates is very likely because the lender might consider you a higher-risk option. This means that the higher the interest rate than the higher the cost of the loan as well.
- Little Or No Equity – Starting with a no down payment means not having much or any equity in your home. You are likely to owe one hundred percent of your home’s value, and if there is an emergency, you are restricted from tapping into the equity.
- Possibility Of Paying Extra Fees – Certain no down payment loans comes with additional fees, and these fees also add up to the cost of the loan
Types Of Home Loans With No Down Payment
If you are searching for no down payment home loans, then there are few options that you can select from. These programs include;
United States Department Of Agriculture (USDA) Loan
United States Department Of Agriculture provides people who want to buy a house in a designated rural with a mortgage guarantee program. There are certain income requirements that you have to meet up with, and in some cases, it should be the first time you are buying a home. In addition, this program has limited funds, and they are given out on a first-come and first-serve basis.
Veterans Affairs (VA) Loans
This refers to the United States Veterans Affairs loan, and here, it is possible to purchase a house without a down payment. Here the VA guarantees to get loans through private lenders, and it also comes with no mortgage insurance.
You are only required to pay a funding fee upfront, and if you want to cut down the funding fee, you need to make a down payment. However, this doesn’t mean that a down payment is needed because you can still push the funding fee into the loan.
Navy Federal Credit Union
The Navy Federal Credit Union is one of the biggest credit unions today. They offer zero percent down mortgage options for any military family, military member, or few civilian families through the United States Department Of Defense.
Getting a mortgage without a down payment is possible through the Navy Federal Credit Union, but you would be required to pay a funding fee. However, the funding fee comes at a flat rate, and it might be lower than the funding fee found on the VA loans depending on the current situation.
How buying a home fits in your financial long-term goals is up to you to decide, and it is also up to you to decide if it is worth it or not. You must consider the situation carefully before making a choice you think would be ideal for you.